1st place – 1000 €
2nd place – 500 €
3rd place – 300 €
Other prizes – books on financial markets, T-shirts, cups, certificates (for more information see Rules, Results and Prizes).
How to trade
All trading activities will be based on the DNB Trade Platform. The participants can use any of these options:
- Desktop Platform – DOWNLOAD HERE
- Web Platform – DNB TraderGO (works on desktops, laptops, tablets and phones)
The platforms are connected and you can use each of them at the same time.
- FX Guide: https://www.dnbtrade.lt/en/dnb-tradergo-forex-trading-guide
- CFDs Guide: https://www.dnbtrade.lt/en/dnb-tradergo-cfds-trading-guide
- Stocks and ETFs Guide: https://www.dnbtrade.lt/en/dnb-tradergo-stocks-etfs-trading-guide
- DNB Trade Investment Game starts on March 27, 2017 and ends at 23:59 on May 28, 2017. The official final results will be announced by the end of June 2017.
- The 1st Round starts at 23:59 on March 27, 2017 and ends at 23:59 on April 23, 2017. The Final Round starts at 23:59 on April 24, 2017 and ends at 23:59 on May 28, 2017.
- Each registered user manages a virtual portfolio worth 100 000 EUR.
- There is a requirement on the minimum quantity of trades made, which is 15 trades per round.
- Orders are executed with a lag of approximately 20 minutes.
- The official time of the DNB Trade Investment Game competition is GMT +2.
- The official results of each 2 weeks and of the 1st round will be announced by the end of April.
- The three best performing players of the Final Round will be awarded with 1000, 500, 300 EUR for the first, second and third place respectively.
- Winners will be contacted shortly after the end of the contest. If the organizers do not hear back from them within 3 weeks after the announcement has been made, the winners will lose their eligibility for the prizes.
- The three best performing players and 1 random from TOP 50 of each 2 weeks and the 1st Round overall will be awarded with books on financial markets sent via post. When evaluating the performance of the participants in the first round, the organizers of the competition will take into consideration only the returns of the portfolios.
- Achievement and referrals system (those people will be awarded with T-shirts/cups with logos or day without commission/more virtual):
During the registration, if a participant was encouraged by someone to take part in games, he/she has to put a name of this person in the special field in the registration form.
Achievement system calculation:
- Invited 7 friends (who have to make at least one trade to count)
- Made 50/100 trades
- Used half of the money
- X bids (tba)
- Bought X options (tba)
- Long-term guru
- 50% return
- Each player can participate in the game with only one account; otherwise he is not eligible to receive any prizes.
- DNB Trade Investment Game is an educational non-profit project.
- The profile information of participants can be used for research purposes following confidentiality rules (personal information will not be publicly available).
- The organizers are not liable for any advice provided on stock-picking.
- The organizers of the competition retain the rights to change the rules of the competition at any time. Changes have to be agreed on by a majority vote at the SSE Riga Investment Fund Board meeting. All changes will be published in the news and rules sections.
- If organizers observe any suspicious transactions, they take full legal entitlement to temporarily suspend the user activity for investigation purposes; and in case of cheating, the account will be deleted while the user will be banned from the competition forever. If there is a suspicion that a player manipulated in the real market to gain advantage in the competition, our duty is to report such cases to relevant regulatory authorities.
- If one of the Game winners is found guilty in manipulating real market for the purpose of winning the Game after investigation of security exchange commission in any of the countries represented in the Game, organizers have the right to demand reimbursement of the prize from the guilty winner.
- By registering for the Game, you indirectly allow us forwarding your account details to our main sponsor – DNB Bank. The account information will be strictly used for non-commercial purposes. This might include sending important information to participants via emails or gathering information for statistical analysis.