The prize pool for the DNB Trade Investment Game is 3000 € and is divided as follows:
The Investment Game
1st place – 700 €
2nd place – 500 €
3rd place – 300 €
The Trading Game
1st place – 700 €
2nd place – 500 €
3rd place – 300 €
DNB Trade Investment Game requires no deep knowledge of finance. The participants need only to be aware of general concepts of financial markets. The organizing team will provide participants with tips, so that everyone could easily understand how it works.
The DNB Trade Investment Game is divided into two tracks. The participation is independent in both of them and you need to register for each of them separately.
The Investment Game focuses on trading of securities and long-term investments. The strategy buy-and-hold is prioritized. The available instruments are limited to stocks and ETFs.
The Trading Game – speculation in short-term trading on the stock market and using complex financial instruments. The participants will be allowed to buy and sell stocks, ETFs, forex, futures, stock CFDs, commodity CFDs etc.
- DNB Trade Investment Game starts on March 28, 2016 and ends at 23:59 on May 31, 2016. The official final results will be announced by the end of June 2016.
- DNB Trade Investment Game is separated into two tracks – the Investment Game and the Trading Game. The target of the Investment Game is to construct an efficient portfolio with focus on medium- and long-term. The available instruments are limited to stocks and ETFs. The Trading Game allows using all available instruments, including short-selling of CFDs. Participants can use stocks, ETFs, forex, futures, stock CFDs, commodity CFDs, oil and other commodity futures.
- There is a requirement on the minimum quantity of trades made, which is 5 trades per round for the Investment Game and 15 trades per round for the Trading Game.
- Each of the tracks consists of two rounds. The First Round starts at 00:00 on March 28, 2016 and ends at 23:59 on April 24, 2016. The Second Round starts at 00:00 on May 1, 2016 and ends at 23:59 on May 31, 2016.
- Each registered user manages a virtual portfolio worth 100 000 EUR. A portfolio of 100 000 EUR is available in each of the tracks if the participant takes part in both the Investment Game and the Trading Game.
- Orders are executed with a lag of approximately 20 minutes.
- Every participant must have only one account in each of the tracks; otherwise, he/she will be directly eliminated from the competition.
- The official time of the DNB Trade Investment Game competition is GMT +2.
- The official final results of DNB Trade Investment Game will be announced by the end of June, 2016.
- The official results of the first rounds of both tracks will be announced till the end of April, 2016.
- The three best performing players of the First Round in each of the tracks will be awarded with books on financial markets sent via post. When evaluating the performance of the participants in the first round, the organizers of the competition will take into consideration only the returns of the portfolios.
- The three best performing players of the Second Round of the Investment Game will be awarded with 700, 500, 300 EUR for the first, second and third place respectively.
- The three best performing players of the Second Round of the Trading Game will be awarded with 700, 500, 300 EUR for the first, second and third place respectively.
- Winners will be contacted shortly after the end of the contest. If the organizers do not hear back from them within 2-3 weeks after the announcement has been made, the winners will lose their eligibility for the prizes.
- Each player can participate in the game with only one account; otherwise he is not eligible to receive any prizes.
- DNB Trade Investment Game is an educational non-profit project.
- The profile information of participants can be used for research purposes following confidentiality rules (personal information will not be publicly available).
- The organizers are not liable for any advice provided on stock-picking.
- The organizers of the competition retain the rights to change the rules of the competition at any time. Changes have to be agreed on by a majority vote at the SSE Riga Investment Fund Board meeting. All changes will be published in the news and rules sections.
- If organizers observe any suspicious transactions, they take full legal entitlement to temporarily suspend the user activity for investigation purposes; and in case of cheating, the account will be deleted while the user will be banned from the competition forever. If there is a suspicion that a player manipulated in the real market to gain advantage in the competition, our duty is to report such cases to relevant regulatory authorities.
- If one of the game winners is found guilty in manipulating real market for the purpose of winning the game after investigation of security exchange commission in any of the countries represented in the game, organizers have the right to demand reimbursement of the prize from the guilty winner.
- By registering for the games, you indirectly allow us forwarding your account details to our main sponsor – DNB Bank. The account information will be strictly used for non-commercial purposes. This might include sending important information for participants via emails or gathering information for statistical analysis.